Polytechnic- Scope and Eligibility
One of the biggest reasons that students opt for Polytechnic Diploma courses is that it offers excellent career opportunities in an affordable way as well as in relatively short time duration.
Many times we have heard that Polytechnic course is only for 10th students but it is not a fact at all the student who has done 12th from science subjects with 35% obtaining marks can also pursue the Diploma / Polytechnic course.The most popular option for Polytechnic Diploma holders, especially those from engineering domains, is to take up B.Tech or B.E. For this, candidates need to appear for the respective Engineering Entrance Test for the college and course they want to join. Many engineering colleges offer lateral entry to Engineering Diploma holders. Lateral entry means you can join the engineering programme directly in the second year or the third semester of B.Tech / B.E. programme.
Excellent scope and varied career opportunities to the students. And have job opportunities in
• Indian Army
• GAIL – Gas Authority of India Limited
• ONGC – Oil & Natural Gas Corporation
• DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organization
• BHEL – Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
• NTPC – National Thermal Power Corporation
• Public Work Departments
• BSNL – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
• Irrigation Departments
• Infrastructure Development Agencies
• NSSO – National Sample Survey Organization
• IPCL – Indian Petro Chemicals Limited
• Polytechnic Diploma courses also offer great self-employment opportunities to the students.
The institutions that provide quality education in the field of polytechnic include
• Indira Gandhi Polytechnic College , Kerala
• KMP Polytechnic College, Kerala
• MET’s Polytechnic College
• SJES Polytechnic College